Monday, January 20, 2014

This Week in Establishment-Publishing Bullshit

Today I'm guest-blogging at The Bookseller, where I write an  open letter to literary agent Robert Gottlieb of Trident Media, exposing establishment-publishing straw men, correcting disinformation, and hopefully taking down a zombie meme or two, as well...

And here's an amazing response from Joe Konrath (with a small contribution from me) demolishing the odd notions promulgated by Kensington Publishing CEO Steve Zacharius, including that self-published books should include a kind of warning label.

2 comments:

Astrid Julian said...

Hi Barry,

The link to your bookseller.uk blog is problematical. Firefox gives me a warning that site may not be genuine. Don't know if you've been hacked or the html is whacky, and it's easy enough to google, but I thought you'd want to know. Interesting reading.

Astrid Julian

Barry Eisler said...

Thanks Astrid, I fixed it.